Re: Forward Declaration in Pkg Body

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 20:30:34 -0800

klabu wrote:
> <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
> > Normally that would be done in the package specification, not the
> > package body.
> >
> > And, no, there isn't anything 'wrong' with that practice.
>

> I said ---- "local modules" --- i.e. the ones you do NOT want to expose
> externally.
> If your statement is still the same regardless,
> then I do not agree, you don't just put every bit of code in the spec.
> That is why "Forward Declaration" is there IMO.

Where did I say in my response it was an *absolute* to put them ONLY in the package specification? You assume too much from what is written. "Normally" means, to my mind, the *usual* course of action in declaring such modules. Certainly there will be exceptions, and I made *no* statement to indicate otherwise.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 22:30:34 CST