Oracle job question

From: Jun <frankjunli_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 13:30:23 -0800

Hi Guys,

 I am using Oracle 9i and I am new to Oracle job, I created a procedure called 'CLEAN'

and I used the following procedure to test my job.

create or replace PROCEDURE TESTING AS JobNo user_jobs.job%TYPE;

BEGIN
  dbms_job.SUBMIT(JObNO,'begin CLEAN; end;', sysdate,'SYSDATE + 1/1440');
  commit;
END; it should run the job every minute but seems it is not working. what's wrong with it?
and How can I set the job to be run every 4 hours between 8am and 8pm everyday?
Any help or example would be highly appreciated. Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 15:30:23 CST