Re: Client problem

From: <banjolicious_at_netscape.net>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 06:29:34 -0800

Comments inline:

EscVector wrote:
> Here are some questions:
> 1. Why do you need the 8 client? Are you connecting to any 7 or older
> databases?

The application uses PROC80

> 2. The install is "messed" up. On windows?

I agree. For many reasons, I'd rather fix it than wipe/reinstall the machine.

Yes, Windows XP Pro SP2. Its worked on this box before, but I have no idea what has been changed.

> Personal Opinion: Never use that home tool even if support tell you to
> do so.... I never really works and you get errors like the one you are
> seeing.

Noted.

> If yes to win:
> Via cmd prompt sqlplus, not the GUI, set the PATH,ORACLE_HOME and
> TNS_ADMIN
Did this, but no change.

> cmd
> SET ORACLE_HOME=path to your home
> SET TNS_ADMIN path to your network admin directory.
> SET PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
>
> sqlplus /nolog
> connect user/pass_at_tnsalias

I had to install sqlplus to try this, but after I did the connect works fine in sqlplus. If I failed to mention it before, the Test in the easyconfig tool always succeeds as well. Unfortunately, the application still has the same errors.

I think I'll wipe all traces of both oracle installs from the machine (or at least as much as I can find) and see if I can make any progress that way.

Thank you for your suggestions! Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 08:29:34 CST