Error with OCI8 driver installing sendmail/javamail

From: nick048 <nicosia.gaetano_at_moonsoft.it>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 06:18:19 -0800

Hi to All,

>From Dos window I run the command:

loadjava -user sys/pwd_at_name_db -resolve -synonym activation.jar

This is the first step in order to install a Sendmail package based on javamail, but I have this error:

Java.exe error

Impossible to find the enterpoint kpufhndl0 of procedure in the library of dynamic link OCI.dll (Sorry, this is a translation of italian language)
OK

After I click on OK and this is the next response:

Error while connecting with OCI8 driver to namedb:oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.ToolsException: The JDBC OCI8 Driver is not installed properly, use -thin to try the JDBC Thin Driver: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradb10g\BIN\ocijdbc10.dll: Impossible to find the specified procedure.
exiting: could not open connection

After, I have used the command:
loadjava -thin C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradb10g\BIN\ocijdbc10.dll

This is the result:

SQL error while connecting with driver to default database: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
The connection descriptor used by the client was: localhost:1521: orcl
exiting: could not open connection

But the connection descriptor that I use is eg COSFI, not orcl.

Other applications works fine with my descriptor.

Someone can help me in order to resolve this problem ?

Thank You and Best Regards. Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 08:18:19 CST