Re: statspack comment is needed

From: hopehope_123 <hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 06:11:35 -0800

Hi ,

Thanks for your responses. I just try to understand the values , sorry here is another statspack :

54.55 min.

Top 5 Timed Events

% Total
Event                                               Waits    Time (s)
Ela Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ -----------
--------
log file sync                                     302,886      14,774
 32.54
CPU time                                                       12,714
 28.00
global cache busy                                   8,510       6,011
 13.24
latch free                                      1,201,647       4,713
 10.38
db file sequential read                            74,150       2,579
  5.68

Based on the values shown above :

48msec. for single log file sync ( 14774/302886) 34msec for single db file seq read ( 2579/74150) 706 msec for single globacl cache busy (6011/8510)

Considering a good fibre channel , 2-20 msec. disk io times are good but these values are very high , so disk io system my be slow.

What do you think about this calculationan and comment ?

Kind Regards,
hope