Re: PMON Problem : server process without user process

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:48:53 +0100

h.jalalipoor_at_gmail.com schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:

>> That may occur if your client application was terminated abnormally.

> It`s correct, client application was terminated abnormally. Normally at
> this time, PMON should cleanup the associated session. In my case, PMON
> didn`t cleanup.
>
> Best regards.

Well, at the timepoint of client termination the server process was doing some work which was not completed and there was no need ( maybe still is no need) to communicate between oracle server process and your client process. So, the PMON may be not aware of the crash of client processes, to that purpose is mentioned sqlnet parameter which can check whether the client is still alive, whereas there is no other need to do it ( for example, if your session is active - the first time where the oracle will try to communicate with the client - by transmission of query results back to client, if the session is inactive - there may not be need at all for server process to speak with the client).

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 06:48:53 CST