Installing only SQL*Plus on XP

From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:29:18 -0800

We are trying to install SQL*Plus 10.2.0.1.0 "stand alone" in order create a client image for the students to login to the server. In the past with 9i, this worked without a hitch.

In 10g, by going through the custom installation process and un-checking all the components other than "iSQL*Plus," the installation appears to occur properly, but the SQL*Plus does not show as an installed component once it completes the installation. If we select other components, it appears to install properly.

I have looked at the dependencies for the installation, and they all appear selected. The .out and .err log files are empty. We must be missing a required component, but it is not clear to us what it is. Thank you for any help you can provide.

best,

doug Received on Tue Dec 12 2006 - 13:29:18 CST