Re: Oracle Unit Testing

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12 Dec 2006 09:55:06 -0800

Tim Arnold wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > WebCom Systems wrote:
> > > A good example of Oracle Unit Testing can be found at
> > >
> > > http://www.oracleunittesting.com
> > >
> > > Includes source code and pdf download of site.
> >
> > Looks like a train wreck to me.
> >

> I don't disagree, but why do you think so? Some developers at my shop are
> really into this.

The whole concept of putting an object layer around every table in a relational database typically produces applications that are don't scale well, perform terribly, and are maintenance nightmares.

It was very in in the late 90's ... kind of client server gone wild into the 4th dimension. It did produce some very lucrative consulting gigs.

To produce scalable applications one should take advantage of the features of a relational system not try to pretend that the database doesn't exist. Received on Tue Dec 12 2006 - 11:55:06 CST