Re: Version Control for Oracle Developer

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12 Dec 2006 04:53:36 -0800

Björn Wächter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing in PL/SQL. For the development I'm using database clients
> like Toad, Hora or SQL Developer. My problem is:
>
> - Is there a good way to get all the sql code out of the database so
> that it can be checked in into for example subversion. Including
> tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, sequences,
> packages... And I can set up a new version of my project from
> subversion.
> - In my projects I also like to put the content of tables into
> subversion. For example tables storing configuration data.
> Are there any concepts how to create insert scripts
> only for a few tables marked in any way.
>
> Or is there a totally different approach.

Are you using a current version of Toad?

All the stuff for schema objects you mention is built in already to Toad. What specific problems are you having?

You can setup data manipulation scripts as you wish to.

What standards are in place for the company you are doing development for? If there are not standards in place perhaps that is the place to begin working from. Received on Tue Dec 12 2006 - 06:53:36 CST