Re: C/C++ interface

From: enrique <enrique.pineda_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2006 11:17:33 -0800

Hi, and thanks for the response.

Generally speaking, I'd like to submit a SQL query to Oracle through a C/C++ API. The program in question runs in a Unix environment. OCI looks about right.

I'm also curious about Oracle Reports: Do Oracle Reports have a C++ interface or Java interface for returning results, without my having to generate a GUI? My application has all of the logic for user interface; I just need the raw results (format doesn't matter -- xml, delimited, etc.). Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree on this. Perhaps my question for Reports is better asked as: If I opt for Oracle Reports, does this tool do all the driving -- user interface generation, C++/Java code generation, etc., or does it expose some sort of "service" with an API?

Thanks again.

epp