Re: sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh

From: zauberberg <jwberg_at_verizon.net>
Date: 11 Dec 2006 10:30:17 -0800

_mamarin_ wrote:
> Thanks to you all...
>
> "sourcing" the bash_profile into my script was the besto option at
> least!!
>
> #!/bin/bash
> . ~/.bash_profile
>
> :D
>
> Matthias Hoys ha escrito:
>
> > "_mamarin_" <ma.marin.m_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi you all,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to execute an script which uses sqlplus from a remote ssh
> > > client.
> > > The script runs ok executing it from the server.
> > >
> > > I'm executing the following line: ssh user_at_host script.sh
> > > The script only connects sqlplus (sqlplus user_at_pass/DB_SID)
> > > And I get the followin message:
> > > bash: sqlplus: command not found
> > >

> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot
> > >

> > Define the environment variables (ORACLE_HOME, ...) in the shell script, or
> > use the full path to the sqlplus executable, or (the best solution maybe),
> > "source" the .bash_profile file inside your script :
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > . ~/.bash_profile
> > sqlplus ...
> >

> > Matthias

sourcing .bash_profile creates a dependency on the profile contents. You may want to code the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, and PATH insde the script or inside an oracle specific environment script. I've seen batch jobs break when someone "cleans up" the .profile for the application user. Received on Mon Dec 11 2006 - 12:30:17 CST