Need help

From: AstroBoy <jack.tan_at_ihganahotels.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2006 22:11:41 -0800

In an Oracle table, the Name column have customers' names contain our normal letters A to Z, but also contain characters like &, *, @, etc. I need to run a query that would pick out all records with names that contain those unwanted characters with the exception of a dash and apostrophe, and of course A to Z letters.

example:

Smith
O'Reily
Anderson&Smith (should be picked up by the query) Mary-Jane
Takahashi* (should be picked up by the query)

The above may be easy to some of you but for a newbie like me, any assistance or pointers is greatly appreciated.

...Astro Received on Sun Dec 10 2006 - 00:11:41 CST