Re: SQL to list a user's packages and its procedures

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:54:55 -0000

In article <1165578369.936647.297080_at_73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com>, sybrandb says...

> On Dec 8, 12:36 pm, Jeremy <jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know I can do in sqlplus
> >
> > SQL> DESC PKG
> >
> > I know I can
> >
> > SQL> select object_name from user_objects where
> > object_type='PACKAGE_BODY';
> >
> > I know I can
> >
> > SQL> select name, text from user_source where name like 'XX%'
> >
> > None of these gives me a clean way to return (from a select) the package
> > name and its procedures.
> >
> > What object do I need to query to get back a result such as:
> >
> > PACKAGE_NAME TYPE PROC_OR_FUNCTION
> > ------------ ---- ----------------
> > PKG1 FUNCTION FNC1
> > PKG1 FUNCTION FNC2
> > PKG1 FUNCTION FNC3
> > PKG1 PROCEDURE PROC1
> >
> > ?
> >

> select distinct package_name, object_name from user_arguments

That'll do fine thanks Sybrand. I wonder though.. is there away to determine whether the object_name returned in this query is a function or a procedure? I know the view doesn't contain that detail.

regards

--
jeremy