Re: Delete of child-entry locks father-table

From: <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2006 10:49:59 -0800

but they wrote:

> > > But even now I do have the following question (don't look at the lock
> > > table and the "other bad code"). I only want to get answered this
> > > principal (fundamental, basic) question.
> > > <Question>
> > > Why does a DELETE of a child(slave)-entry causes a
> > > lock of the father (master, parent) table???
> > > </Question>

that is

  1. don't look at the lock table
  2. why does a delete from child lock parent

It seems unambiguous to me - no lock table is involved and they say an operation on child locks parent - which it doesn't

so, I guess unless they clarify - we'll never really know :) ... Received on Thu Dec 07 2006 - 12:49:59 CST