Re: user names are not matching to users in database

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2006 23:34:53 -0800

Naccessible wrote:
[code snipped]
> This code basically cycles through the oracle user database and
> compares passwords for login to either the web, via the loginserverlet
> class or from the console using TestGad class. TestGad works fine but
> loginserverlet does not. It consistently returns "false" which is not
> correct. both classes are "hardcoded with a username and password" so
> the results should be the same. Thank you for your response.

Interesting. If I understood correctly, the same "authentication" code used both from console test class and from the servlet, yet it works when called from test class and doesn't when called from the servlet. I would verify the DSN on the webserver - does it really connect to the same database? I would also add some more logging to the initLogin to see what really goes on, is the connection really established, what is being fetched from the dababase and what it's being compared with.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Dec 07 2006 - 01:34:53 CST