Re: ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object start1.st

From: arnab <arnab.panja_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2006 06:33:12 -0800

Hi,

If you have any database administration tool TOAD, you can log in as SYS user and open the session browser and search any session id that has locked your object. You can kill that blocking session from there itself.
Or
Login as SYS from SQL client and query the v$lock, dba_objects, v$session where
v$session.sid = v$lock.sid and v$lock.id1 = dba_objects.object_id and dba_objects.object_type = 'PACKAGE' and dba_objects.object_name = <Yuor package name>
This will give the sid which has locked your package.

Hope this helps.

-Arnab