Re: Figures to monitor

From: Simo Silmu <kalle_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:41:43 GMT

"Ed Prochak" <edprochak_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165342389.630898.70390_at_f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> On Dec 4, 11:47 pm, "Simo Silmu" <k..._at_nospam.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> if you would have a hosted environment (your servers are taken care by
>> 3rd
>> party) what figures you would like to monitor, lets say on monthly basis
>> in
>> order to see database is properly set up and there are enough resources
>> or
>> if there are performance bottle necks.
>>
>> Cheers
>> SS
>
> What performance bottlenecks are your experiencing?
>
> When you signed up with the 3rd party, didn't you set some SLA
> standards? Do you really care whether the DB is CPU bound or I/O bound
> as long as response time for your data is satisfactory? if you didn't
> want to give up control why have the database hosted?
>
> Curious for various reasons.
> Ed

Good guestions!

Yes, we have SLA standards and agreement.

Well, the point is that there has been some minor and some major problems with this vendor but the reasons varies depending whom to ask :)

So, just would like to have a visibility to that environment even via some statistical reports or similar.

Cheers
SS Received on Wed Dec 06 2006 - 06:41:43 CST