How to drop/delete/remove histograms? (CBO Column stats)

From: <eka_mercury-forums_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2006 03:05:57 -0800

Hello friends,

Can anyone please tell me how to drop (only) histograms on a column?

Ours is an OLTP application.
Few of our queries go really bad when there are histograms. We need only NUM_DISTINCT, LOW_VALUE, HIGH_VALUE, DENSITY, NUM_NULLS, AVG_COL_LEN in the data dictionary.

Or rather, how to retain only the above statistics and drop rest stats?

The procedure DBMS_STATS.DELETE_COLUMN_STATS does not have any option to remove/add only selected statistics.