Re: oracle installation on laptop with 232MB RAM

From: Michael Ray <ihatespam_at_indy.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 02:13:16 GMT

>>> No oracle version (from 9i upwards) will fit in 256 MB of RAM. As
>>> someone has said before, you should buy more RAM.

FWIW, I loaded 10gR2 on an old Compaq server with 255MB RAM available (must have been using 1 MB for video or something). I also managed to load it with production data (~20GB) - this is my dev box. It works but is quite slow. Searching for some more memory now. :) Received on Tue Dec 05 2006 - 20:13:16 CST