Updating oracle net files

From: Massa Batheli <mngong_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2006 06:07:27 -0800

What is the best or better still easiest way to update connectivity files in oracle.
This may look the " no question " questions but if the answers were obvious to me I will not be asking.

Sat through 1.5 ldap sessions and the presenters at the end of the day both said this is a great tool and at the same time warned that if they did not have hundreds of servers they will not be using ldap because of complexity and difficulty of implementation.

In my case files are manually updated ftp ed all over the place .Is there a better way to do this that will be managed by Oracle tools .I am sure there are easier and better ways even with the built in tools

For the time being I would prefer and easy dependable straight forward method prior to setting up something better..If you also do not mind to give some details that will be appreciated even more

Thanks for your input ..

Massa Received on Tue Dec 05 2006 - 08:07:27 CST