Re: group functions

From: G Quesnel <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2006 09:15:27 -0800

Well, since the purpose of the exercise is to learn... why don't you try it.
If the answer you get still doesn't make sense, then you can ask the group.
If on the other hand, you find that the book has an error, you can feel good for spoting the error. Either way, chances are pretty good that you will learn something and/or feel good about proving something oneway or another. I find that as a DBA I am frequently presented with incomplete and possibly contradicting information and most would agree that it is a very important aspect of the job to know how to setup tests to confirm your beliefs.
Try it. Received on Mon Dec 04 2006 - 11:15:27 CST