Re: sysdate

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 14:02:48 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>>>>
>>> Is there a particular book by Kyte that you recommend?  He seems to have
>>> written a lot of them!
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Jonathan
>> Effective Oracle by Design: ISBN 0-07-223065-7 (Oracle Press)
>>
>> Expert Oracle: ISBN 1-59059-525-4 (APress)

> As usual this responder has provided inconsistent information.
>
> The latest book Mr. Kyte has completed is "Expert Oracle Database
> Architecture 9i and 10g Programming Techniques and Solutions". ISBN:
> 1590595300
>
> That book is the most recent one and it is the one I would recommend
> starting with. The other 2 books are fine and you should get them
> also. Sooner or later the next 2 books in Mr. Kyte's series will
> replace the 2 older books cited above ( not sure when the
> replacement/updated books will be available ).

If you have a problem with what Tom has written in the past please tell us which books have which mistakes. I know I'd be interested in a catalog of Tom Kyte's errors written by you.

One does not need Tom's latest book to have a book of value. I still using Tom's WROX book and, I know this will amaze you, the quality of what Tom wrote has not gone down even though the publisher did.

Equally amazing to you, no doubt, will be the fact that the books I suggested are currently available from Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-0302824-4775036?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Effective+Oracle+by+Design&Go.x=12&Go.y=9&Go=Go so the information is not inconsistent.

There are plenty of things wrong with the universe. Plenty of things you could spend your time rectifying. It makes me feel important that you spend so much of your obviously valuable time focusing on what I write, do, and think.

Thanks.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington