Re: sysdate

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 3 Dec 2006 13:32:32 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > hpuxrac wrote:
> >> 3) Consider buying and reading Tom Kyte's book. They are a big help to
> >> anyone but especially helpful to big learners.
> >>

> > Is there a particular book by Kyte that you recommend? He seems to have
> > written a lot of them!
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> Effective Oracle by Design: ISBN 0-07-223065-7 (Oracle Press)
>
> Expert Oracle: ISBN 1-59059-525-4 (APress)

As usual this responder has provided inconsistent information.

The latest book Mr. Kyte has completed is "Expert Oracle Database Architecture 9i and 10g Programming Techniques and Solutions". ISBN: 1590595300

That book is the most recent one and it is the one I would recommend starting with. The other 2 books are fine and you should get them also. Sooner or later the next 2 books in Mr. Kyte's series will replace the 2 older books cited above ( not sure when the replacement/updated books will be available ). Received on Sun Dec 03 2006 - 15:32:32 CST