Re: Very high 'log file sync' wait time with no 'log file parallel write' wait time

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 14:15:07 -0800

mccmx_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > Are your logs on different mounts? Are you on RAID-5. Is it Direct
> > Path, looks like not.
> > I hope you don't have your windows page file on the same volume as the
> > redo.
>
> What makes you so sure it is an I/O problem - I've already said that we
> are seeing no waits for 'log file parallel write', which suggest that
> log file I/O is not the problem..
>
> Matt

"Me! I not sure of anything..." It's is simply the first place I start even when looking at a trace file. Without knowing this info, I can't be sure the issue isn't simpler than it seems. I'm not sure why you are saying that I/O is not the problem w/o log file parallel write.  Better I/O could improve the sync performance. Large frequent commits and a too large log buffer can also be a cause. Received on Fri Dec 01 2006 - 16:15:07 CST