Trigger on create user

From: <ronnieyours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 09:14:53 -0800

Hi,

We are using a third part application (Sun IDM) to streamline our database ID creation where when a new employee joins the company a request is put in the system to create his/her username/password. Once approved the application creates a database user automatically for the new employee.

This application uses a database user (lets call it USRCREATOR) with create user priveleges to create new users. The problem is that Sun IDM creates the user with system as default tablespace and then alters it to the specified default tablespace which means that we need to give USRCREATOR alter user privelege which is a very powerfull one. To work around the limitation we are thinking of creating a trigger which will get fired after the user is created and will change its tablespace to something other than system.

Any suggestions on if this is possible and how do we go about doing this.

Thanks
Ron Received on Fri Dec 01 2006 - 11:14:53 CST