Re: Performance Issue

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 15:02:30 -0800

Jitendra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one oracle database,which is used by 50 users at a time.
> Server mode is DEDICATED and available virtual memory is 5129MB.
>
> Please suggest me the parameter values as the current database is slow.
> Parameters like
>
> 1)Shared Pool
> 2)Buffer Cache
> 3)Large Pool
> 4)Java Pool
> 5)Aggregate PGA Target etc.

Install OEM and use its advisors. Alternatively,

    select view_name from dba_views where view_name like '%ADV%';

and look in the docs for those things.

What version, how much physical memory, what OS, what are your current settings? Who wrote the application and why do you think it isn't at fault? Most tuning issues are application issues. However, if you think that using up all physical memory and swapping is a good thing, you need to examine your thoughts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Where can I go to get my jeans embroidered?