RMAN Backup. restore to other machine

From: viny <vinsharma1808_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 11:44:06 -0800

I want to do followings and need to do it in production system, of arround 800GB database. Doing first time, so I will appriciate of any help in these.

  1. I need to take Oracle 9i RMAN Full consistent Hot Backup of DB in a Tape from machine A.
  2. Restore the backup in the tape to Machine B in different location/city in same Oracle 9i using RMAN.

Basically need to create similar environment in other machine .

Thanks Received on Thu Nov 30 2006 - 13:44:06 CST