Re: V$SESSION_LONGOPS sofar/totalwork *always* = 1 in 10g ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 07:03:35 -0800

Spendius wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a script that's been working for years:
> > select round((sofar/totalwork)*100,2) ||'%' pct,
> > opname, target,
> > round(time_remaining/60, 2) minutes
> > from v$session_longops
> > where round((sofar/totalwork)*100,2) != '100'
> > and sid=&&1
>
> that no more works with 10.2 databases. The following
> > select sid,sofar/totalwork from v$session_longops ;
> ALWAYS returns 1 for sofar/totalwork, even for queries
> running for... several hours.
>
> Is there something wrong with this view now ?
> Thanks.

I didn't see much on metalink from my search there ( not too lengthy ).  One other person reported in a forum something similar and was requested to open a service request.

Are you base 10.2? 10.2.0.2 looks like it's out for most platforms and 10.2.0.3 on a few apparently. I would wonder if that's relevant.

I don't see any good course of action for you to take except to open a service request with oracle support and see what else they can point out. Received on Thu Nov 30 2006 - 09:03:35 CST