Re: Oracle Listener failure

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2006 05:54:52 -0800

aone1504_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> We have Oracle server 9i in our site and sometimes the Listener process
> fails. This happens roughly twice a month(not regularly) and affects
> our production. When we try to log into the server we get the message
> Oracle Listener Failed. And, after this we restart the database server.
> But we lose about 20 minutes every time this happens.
>
> Can anyone tell me why Listener process fails ? and is there any way of
> preventing this ?
>

> Thanks,
> Srini

You've given far, far, far too little information. As a minimum, we need to know the OS, the version of Oracle, and any error messages (exact text, not your interpretation). Why do people continually not think these things important? Would you call your family physician on the phone and say "I don't feel good. What's wrong and what do I need to do?

However, I just recently experienced a very specific listener problem that *might* be similar to yours. See MetaLink Note:340091.1 Received on Wed Nov 29 2006 - 07:54:52 CST