Re: Export/Import oracle 10g db to another machine

From: Godzilla <godzillaismad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2006 22:50:52 -0800

EscVector wrote:
> Godzilla wrote:
> > EscVector wrote:

> > > You don't have to be in ArchiveLog mode. If not in Archivelog mode,
> > > the database must only be MOUNTED. RMAN is fine this way.
> >
> > Hi EscVector,
> >
> > I tried that, it splits out an error... 'close connection' error
> > message in the clone database page. Any idea?

> Yes, Revenge of the Clones..... Don't use the clone. it's overkill.
> For learning good, getting something done right now, bad. Could be a
> number of issues, but patch level jumps to mind. Make sure you don't
> have target and destination reversed...
>

> Get yourself the 9i rman book. Yes, 9i, but it works just fine for
> 10g.
> http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0072226625
> The TTS convert stuff is missing but that is online in oracle docs.
> The convert feature is great, I frequently move tablespaces containing
> performance data from bitendian 64bit aix to littleendian 32bit winxp
> for analysis. Rman is really good for this.

Thanks EscVector for your help... I will look deep into it... At this moment, I'm fed up with the rman, cloning... I need to get this thing working by tomorrow and I have done a schema rebuild on the new machine and just import the data from the exported data from the old oracle server... :(

Also, sorry for the double posting... Received on Tue Nov 28 2006 - 00:50:52 CST