Re: sipping lightly or drinking deeply from the ASM koolaid?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2006 08:11:07 -0800

Hi Kevin,

pdxkevinc_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I am not unbiased and I hope it hasn't sounded as though I'm presenting
> myself as such on my blog. I do try my best to fortify all my positions
> with as much fact as possible though.

I always enjoy reading your content, whether on your blog or whitepapers I have found on the net that you have written. It's always well thought out, and extremely informative. It's just that by definition, polyserve competes in the storage management space. I apologize if I offended you, as I noted, I always enjoy your commentary.

> As an aside, do all your RAC SGAs have the same ASM extent pointer
> array content?

We are in the beginning process of building our first *RAC* on ASM storage (we just completed the install about a month ago). During heavy performance testing it got as high as 3GB, but we didn't receive any ORA-4031's (7.5GB max sga). We didn't have to resize our datafiles (the cause of bug #4237613, DOCID 390251.1), so maybe we escaped unscathed :)

Thanks,

Steve Received on Tue Nov 28 2006 - 10:11:07 CST