Any ideas if oracle development is reading and following up on Mr. Lewis's new book

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Nov 2006 09:57:47 -0800

It's been a busy year and I am just now putting a serious effort into reading Jonathan Lewis's new book "Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals".

It's a tremendous book and my appreciation goes out to Mr. Lewis for the time and effort involved in delivering this to the oracle community. I am just making my way into chapter 5.

One of the things I have noticed several times already are notes that the author has introduced in the text about possible inconsistencies/bugs in oracle code. For example, in chapter 4 ( page 81 in my book ) under the section "Problems with 10.1.0.4" he notes one specific example where gather_table_stats may not be updating index statistics.

One hopes that many/all of these possible bugs have been submitted and reported to oracle already. One also hopes that oracle developers are reading through the book and making their own test cases and list of things to test and fix. Received on Mon Nov 27 2006 - 11:57:47 CST