Re: Very high 'log file sync' wait time with no 'log file parallel write' wait time

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2006 04:30:11 -0800

> Matt, how big is your log buffer? Log writer will write

2Mb

> 1) Every 3 seconds

We commited over 170,000 times in the space of a few minutes..:

Execute 179,802 4.90 474.73 0 0 0

> 2) When there is more then 1M in log buffer

The average row length of the table is only 200 bytes

> 3) When your log buffer is more then 1/3 full

The average row length of the table is only 200 bytes

> 4) When "commit" is issued.

It looks like the database is issuing the commit command for every row - but we are not using any of the datatypes which force this behaviour (e.g. LOBs etc)

Matt Received on Mon Nov 27 2006 - 06:30:11 CST