Re: Oracle 10g on Linux

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 26 Nov 2006 05:54:38 -0800

printdude1968_at_gmail.com wrote:
> <reply>
> <bottomPost>
> Everything is working now. I had a problem when I rebooted my
> machine...the Oracle 10g got messed up so I un-installed everything and
> reinstalled the whole thing. I was able to create my tables, use
> sqlldr to load them and update with merge (after setting a constraint).
> I can get to my 10g from my desktop now and I can also get to it from
> SQL Developer on my Linux desktop and I just tried to use SQL Developer
> to access it from my Windows Desktop and it works once the correct port
> (1522) is entered.

If you reboot the linux box this is what you should do ...

  1. shut down the oracle processes before you reboot
  2. bring the oracle processses back up after you reboot

That's a lot simpler than re-installing oracle. There are various ways to achieve this ( automated or manual ). Do you want to take a run at figuring out how to do this yourself?