Re: Oracle 10g on Linux

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 25 Nov 2006 16:44:11 -0800

printdude1968_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did what you said. I disabled firewalls on both sides and tried to
> connect. Even with the absolute IP address in the http://..... line,
> it doesn't work.

A lot of the people that help out here on cdos will not help if you top post. Please post replies after relevant text not on top ( before ).

So you connect internally on the linux box using port 1158 and it works ok?

You are not able to connect from another box on the same network using port 1158?

If so it must be something in your network configuration. This is the same type of setup that works for other people.

Why don't you include a copy and paste the following information from your windows box.

  1. the output from a dos command level ipconfig /all
  2. the output from a dos command level ping of the linux box

>From the linux box include this output

  1. the output from a ifconfig -a
  2. the output from a ping from the linux box over to the windows box