Re: Oracle 10g on Linux

From: <printdude1968_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2006 13:38:04 -0800

The error I receive seems to be the same no matter what I try... The Page cannot be displayed.
Here is what I tried:

  1. ping linuxDesktop (to check that my HOSTS file is correct)
  2. disabled Firewall (McAfee) on WXP box.
  3. I've attempted to use the hard coded IP address with port 1158
  4. I've tried using linuxDesktop.localhost.localdomain (with correct http:// protocol specified)
  5. I have searched the web for references to ports which Oracle 10g uses and the only references I can find are to either 5500 (which appears to be obsolete) or 1158 which doesn't work unless I am accessing from the local host.
  6. I have located the portlist.ini file in $ORACLE_HOME/install and see the following entries

iSQL*Plus HTTP port number =5560
Enterprise Manager Console HTTP Port (emily) = 1158 Enterprise Manager Agent Port (emily) = 3938

Which seems to correspond to the discussions here: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b14202/ports.htm#CIHECDEE

So I tried port 3939 only to recieve the following response EMDAEMON
HTTP/1.1 404 , Not Found

Does this mean that something needs to be started before I can access the EMC remotely?

g) I was able to get to port 5560 locally"Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (9.0.4.1.0)" even though the portlist.ini says port 5560 is the iSQL*Plus HTTP port number .

I suspect I'm off in the wrong direction, or am very close.... either way I don't know what port to use now even Received on Sat Nov 25 2006 - 15:38:04 CST