Re: Problem with Unicode

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:34:35 +0100

gregor27 schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I have Oracle XE Server with default setting NLS_CHARACTERSET=AL32UTF8
> . How can I properly display Polish characters on that console-based
> black sql*plus? I wasn't able to find any proper NLS_LANG setting on my
> client side.
>
> Any help?

That has little to do with Oracle, or NLS, but (probably) more with the console based anything.

Will that display Polish? did you (before starting plus) check your code page with chcp?
Do you use a character set (properties of CLI) that allows for Polish? The default does not, iirc. Try a True Type font

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...