Re: Creating schema in oracle10g express edition

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Nov 2006 21:14:14 -0800

DA Morgan wrote :

> Oracle has two different DDL statements:
>
> "CREATE USER" and "CREATE SCHEMA"
>
> What each does clearly defines the meaning of the terms.

Well... The 10g SQL Reference for CREATE SCHEMA has a proeminent note :

"Note: This statement does not actually create a schema. Oracle Database automatically creates a schema when you create a user (see CREATE USER ). This statement lets you populate your schema with tables and views and grant privileges on those objects without having to issue multiple SQL statements in multiple transactions."

I wouldnt say that the naming of this statement helps to clear up the confusion :-)