Re: Drop constraints CASCADE not working on 10g Express

From: QDL <qdl_at_qdl.qdl>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:49:58 +0100

> Yes the explicit clause should work in both versions, but to be sure i
> understand you correctly - you issue DROP INDEX as part of ALTER TABLE ...
> DROP CONSTRAINT ... statements ? (no need to do it in the separate DROP
> INDEX statement) .

I thought i had to do it in two different commands: ALTER TABLE ... DROP CONSTRAINT ... without using the CASCADE clause and then DROP INDEX ....

Anyway I will test both ways and use the best one for me.

> Best regards
> Maxim

Thank you very much for answering
Have a nice weekend
Paolo Received on Fri Nov 24 2006 - 10:49:58 CST