Re: Lunching Oracle instance at the starting of the OS

From: Martin Gäckler <martin_at_gaeckler.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:31:50 +0100

Joel schrieb:
> I am deploying an Oracle Database from development computer to another
> computer. Both are windows xp. I succed to create the service for the
> instance and the other configuration files. I start the instance by
> connecting to it as SYSDBA. But when I reboot the machine the instance
> don't start automatically. Please help me i have try all thing i could
> imagine.

For an Oracle 8.x installation you should have three services installed:

OracleService<SID>	e.g. OracleServiceORCL
OracleStart<SID>	e.g. OracleStartORCL

OracleTNSListener80

All these services need a startup type "Automatic". You can check this with

Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services (I have German Windows so I don't know the exact English words)

For an Oracle 9.x installation OracleStart<SID> is not available. The TNSListener has another name: OracleOraHome92TNSListener.

Hope this helps

Martin

--
Firma/Company:                                              CRESD GmbH
Phone: +49-89-65 30 95 63                      Fax: +49-89-65 30 95 64