Re: Concurrent/Parallel Execution

From: <mfullerton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2006 10:21:08 -0800

I agree with Robert, cross database union is what you need. Believe it or not, this is not uncommon to do, and since this is theory only (Keeping it Simple), here is what can be done:

create database links to each target database. Write a view to do you union:
select my_column from my_table_at_orcl1
union
select my_column from my_table_at_orcl2
union
select my_column from my_table_at_orcl3;

A better way to do this is create a data warehouse environment:

create database links to each system
create materialized views on each target table create a materialized view on top of all of them that has your specific where clause info, summaries, etc...

you don't need an "Army" of contractors, just a day or so to do this and test : )

Mike Fullerton
Oracle DBA