Oracle Suggested Backup

From: hgha <houman_at_globe-tekcorp.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2006 12:15:09 -0800

Hello,

I am using Oracle Suggested disk backup (10g R1 and R2). This backup strategy doesn't do any clean up of archived log files or backup pieces. so I have to go and manually issue DELETE NOPROMPT OBSOLETE command from em or RMAN to decrease the size of FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA. My question is if issuing this command conflicts with Oracle suggested backup's retention policy etc and mess thing up or not. Also does anybody know if there is a limit for how much FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA can grow with "Oracle Suggested Backup" before Oracle does some cleanups? I am not talking about db_recovery_file_dest_size.

Thanks

hgha Received on Tue Nov 21 2006 - 14:15:09 CST