Failed Install Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 21 Nov 2006 09:19:19 -0800

Hi All,

We are trying to perform a silent install of ORacle 10g. The install failed due to some depreciated parameters in the init.ora.

So, we made the correction, removed the installed software & created directories and re-ran the install. When we re-ran the script, we received this error:

Check complete: Passed

Performing check for CompatibilityChecks Checking for Oracle Home incompatibilities .... Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<

Check complete: Failed <<<<
Problem: Oracle Database 10g Release 2 can only be installed in a new Oracle Home
Recommendation: Choose a new Oracle Home for installing this product.

PrereqChecks complete

Why is that? We removed everything that the install created........does Oracle create entries someplace that I'm not aware of???

Thanks! Received on Tue Nov 21 2006 - 11:19:19 CST