Re: 23,000 Tables?

From: cd2448 <cdyde_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2006 18:50:24 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> [snip]
>
> On what basis MUST you have all fields in one table for a report?
>
> Internal business rule?
> What reporting tool?
> Inability to build views?
> Desire to do something the worst possible way?
>
> I would help to know what is driving these statements.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> [snip]

because of the tool that will be used to search these reports and ingest new reports. that tool cannot be changed, hence we can't do a thorough redesign of the database in a normalized way, i am looking into the idea of views to simulate this for the reporting software, that would be a good deal of configuration work but would be much better going forward, i appreciate that.

thnx,cd Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 20:50:24 CST