Re: 10g recyclebin with 9i SQL*Plus clients

From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:05:10 -0800

"old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:ejsq96$73s$1_at_gist.usc.edu...
> Hello,
>
> The server is 10g, but we still have some 9i SQL*Plus clients. If they
> fail to include a purge option on their drop table statements:

I would like to thank all of you who responded -- very helpful. I have been able to address the problems easiest with giving the students the command:

 ALTER SESSION SET RECYCLEBIN=OFF; along with a login in as sys as sysdba and purging the dba_recyclebin.

connect sys_at_instance as sysdba

PURGE DBA_RECYCLEBIN; Thanks again.

doug Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 19:05:10 CST