Oracle 10g Express client problem

From: QDL <qdl_at_qdl.qdl>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:36:07 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have a windows program which uses Oracle.OleDB.1 provider to connect to an Oracle Express 10g server. It then loads a communication DLL.

The strange thing is that if I use the Oracle 10g express client OleDB provider (Oracle.OleDB.1) it prevents me from loading the communication DLL.

ON THE DEVELOPER MACHINE:
If I use Microsoft's OleDB provider (MSDAORA.1) it connects ok (which is very weird, I've been told NOT to use MSDAORA to connect to a 10g server...)

ON THE PRODUCTION MACHINE:
If I use Oracle.OleDB.1 i cannot load communication DLL, if I use MSDAORA.1 I get an error saying the listener is not currently known...

The problem of not letting the communication DLL load looks like a conflict in TCP-IP ports, does anyone know list of ports the Oracle 10g express uses?

Thanx in advance
Paolo Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 03:36:07 CST