Re: Can't start Oracle 10g on FC4

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Nov 2006 14:46:37 -0800

Michael Kämpf wrote:
> Hallo NG,
>
> i'm a linux newbie. I tried to start the Oracle Database 10g Express
> Edition (server) on Linux Fedora Core 4 as descriped by typing:
>
> /etc/init.d/oracle-xe start
>
> But i get the Error message:
>
> Starting Oracle Net Listener.
> Starting Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Instance.
> Failed to start Oracle Net Listener using
> /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/
> 10.2.0/server/bin/tnslsnr and Oracle Express Database using
> /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/sqlplus.
>

> Did anybody know what this means or what happened?
>
> Thanks for your answers,
> Michael.

Do the install instructions ( readme file ) for 10g Express say it will run on FC4? I don't think so.

I would think you will do better running on one of the red hat clones instead. But why don't you read the install instructions and go with what it says there? Received on Sat Nov 18 2006 - 16:46:37 CST