Re: Hard disk configuration for fast write (Insert)

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2006 08:15:43 -0800

sybrandb wrote:
> On Nov 16, 4:06 pm, Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastn..._at_ieee.org> wrote:
> > Charles Hooper schrieb:
> >

> > > Volker Hetzer wrote:
> > But you are right, I mixed up the terminology. I meant, a database without
> > archiving logs. For maximum performance, logging could be turned off too.
> > It can be turned off at table level. A default can be set for the tablespace too.
> > To be honest, thats what I'd recommend: Run the database in archive log mode
> > and put the high performance data structures in a nologging tablespace. That
> > way you can at least recover the system stuff if you screw up. Of course,
> > system dependencies and triggers can still exist, negating the nologging
> > benefits. Spatial is particularly nasty in that regard.
> >
> > Lots of Greetings!
> > Volker
> > --
> > For email replies, please substitute the obvious.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
>
> Please study what nologging *really* means, and which operations are
> not being logged, and please stop providing unprofessional advice.
> Will you pay when people start to sue you, because they followed up
> this bs?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

LOL! You take what you and others post out here way too seriously. Between your insults of posters who supposedly don't read the documentation to your satisfaction, precluding your stooping to their level to provide them an "answer", to your evidently intricate understanding of international law (LOL!)...you're a real piece of work, as well as comic relief for me each and every morning.

Thanks! Received on Thu Nov 16 2006 - 10:15:43 CST