Re: Startup problem

From: What's in a namespace <xml_at_ns.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:00:56 +0100

"QDL" <qdl_at_qdl.qdl> schreef in bericht

>> Didi you install application server BEFORE or AFTER XE ?
>
> Installed Application Server after Express.
>
> Thanx
> Paolo

Paolo,

I think that this may be the cause of all evil... Maybe you could try to set a system environment variable TNS_ADMIN (set it from "my computer" ...) pointing to the directory where the right TNSNAMES is (the network/admin directory of your database). The network admin directory of AS does not contain a tnsnames.ora. Or copy your .ORA files there (not recommended, double maintenance). But if you can live with the solution to start your database services from a batch or command file, stick to that solution. Order of services starting under Windows and their timings has been a problem for a long time with Oracle software (IAS had this problem too). Only setback is that you'll have to login to the server to start your database, as with auto starting services, you don't have to.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Nov 15 2006 - 04:00:56 CST