Re: Using backup files with new DB

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 14:52:42 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Wolf Grossi schreef:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > my situation:
> > I have (all I guess) databasefiles from a ORA9i database, but *no*
> > export file.
> >
> > My concerns:
> > that's not possible with ORACLE >:-(
> >

> It is - surprise!

Hmmmm... what if he used the new db to alter database backup to trace, used the resetlogs version of the create controlfile script modified to point at (copies, of course) the database files?

Wolf, when you say you have all files, do you have some called init*, spfile*, orapw*, system*, undo* and control* files? What exact version of Oracle are these files? What platform are you on? Do you have archived logs? Can you give more background of your situation? Do you know where the files were last used, are they proper backup copies or from a cleanly shutdown system? Do you have Oracle support? Have you worked with Oracle before?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
A procurement exercise: